Monday, May 21, 2012

My First Card Creation

I got a Silhouette Cameo for Christmas this year.  After sitting on it for a few months, afraid to dig in, I decided to give it a shot.  Our dog's frisbee just some how seems to end up in our neighbors back yard, specifically their pool.  Since they are so sweet and always toss it back over, I thought it was a perfect opportunity to create a thank you card.  




I wanted the card to be pretty personal so I started with a labrador retriever design.  I will note that I was not able to emulate the gigantic tongue this dog has (see photo above). 




I then added an eye, ear, mouth and collar using shapes, lines and the edit points function. 



A frisbee was created off of a circle using the edit point function to make it a little flatter.  I believe the bone is a design that came with the machine's software and I just added text on top of it.




There of course had to be a spot to insert a Starbucks card!  Using the "subtract" function under modify, the circle area is removed from the rectangle.


First project is complete!





No comments:

Post a Comment