Tuesday, May 1, 2012

About Me - First Post

Well, I decided to take a stab at blogging.  I thought I would start with a little bit about me.  I grew up on a farm in North/Western Texas.  So even though I live in the city now, I still carry many of those values.  I am now a pharmacist at a large hospital in Fort Worth.  That being said, I try to spend my free time utilizing my creative and artistic side (there may not be much there, but I use it none the less!) and let the analytical side take a rest.






I have been married almost eight years to a wonderful man.  We have gone through quite a bit within our eight years and it has only made us stronger!  On year four of our marriage, after many months of pain and crazy symptoms, we found out Will has Wegener's Granulomatosis.  He had to endure so much at the time (Dialysis, side effects from high dose steroids, and low dose chemo),  but now his disease is in remission and most parts of his body have healed!   All we can do is praise the Lord for all the things he has given us and pray for many more years to come.






Our dog Sage, is our baby, and she is spoiled "to the core" rotten!





























After playing with a few garden/herb plants here and there.  I decided to start an actual garden this year.  We'll see how that turns out and I'll post some pictures later.  Here are a few of the projects I have completed already.  For future projects, I hope to be able to post some tutorials with them. :)  I will warn you ahead of time...I don't have a SLR camera.  My primary camera is point and click(Canon Powershot A1000) and a few of these are taken with my iPhone.



Twine Balls using a balloon and fabric stiffner - Talk about messy!



Twine wrapped wooden letter & Christmas Burlap Wreath          
                                                  


              
                             Bookshelf in Kitchen                My co-worker's coffee cup he left at work.
                                                                                It's a long story but this is one act
                                                                                             of my revenge :)
                                                

One of my closest friends had a baby right before Christmas.
I made him a little blanket to look like a stocking and a santa hat to go with it.
It's made out of burlap and I lined the inside of the blanket with a softer fabric 
so he didn't get to uncomfortable while the pictures were taken.
It was so cute!



No comments:

Post a Comment